Are you excited to know what is paraphrasing? Get clear insights about paraphrasing to create unique content from your original source in a refined way. Here you go!
Paraphrasing is actually rephrasing some other words in your unique words, not a direct quote. If you are an academic writer or content writer, it is important to know how to paraphrase your writing to express your words more creatively and impressively.
Remember, your words should be in a more expressive way to hook your audience and make them read the content that has been rephrased. Understanding the power of rewritten words, plan to accelerate your writing with a paraphrasing tool and instantly improve your content. Of course, the tool shows up the suggestion from alternative synonyms to changing the style of your content. Therefore, you can reduce your errors and improve your content without plagiarism.
Let's explore this guide to learn more about what is paraphrasing in writing more clearly!
What is the Purpose of Paraphrasing?
Paraphrasing is the act of presenting someone's words in a different way but with the same meaning. Do you want to know the purpose of paraphrasing in short? Let's check out the points below.
- Changing vocabulary to express something in a unique way.
- Alternate your content structure without missing out on key points.
- Transform your writing style with clear information.
- Change content tone to let readers understand quickly.
- Enhance your content flow and remove plagiarism.
Whether you are a student or a professional writer, learning about what is paraphrasing in writing is more important to write unique content. Well, paraphrasing is a must-have key skill for any writer today.
Key Facts About Paraphrasing
- Paraphrasing is the art of writing content from an original source in your own words, keeping the same meaning.
- While paraphrasing, you have to focus on expressing your own ideas in a unique way.
- The main reason to paraphrase is to convey clear information more expressively with relevant meaning to impact the reader strongly.
How to Paraphrase Your Content?
Paraphrasing is not only a simple act of changing synonyms or rephrasing words. It's a thoughtful process. So, you have to get a clear grasp of what is paraphrasing to paraphrase properly.
First, get a clear grasp of these questions.
- Do you want to change the entire text of the content?
- Do you want to rephrase only a few words?
- Do you focus on removing plagiarism?
If you are clear with these questions, you can proceed to the next step, which is as follows.
5 Effective Steps for Proficient Rephrasing
Are you aiming to become a proficient rephraser? Here are a few tips to help you out to be the one.
#1 Read & Understand Your Original Source of Content
Once you have decided to paraphrase content, you have to read the original source and get a clear grasp of important concepts, key points, and facts.
#2 Find Out the Key Points
Once you understand what the content is all about, sort out the key points that should be included in your writing. Ultimately, these are the essential points you need to rephrase.
#3 Rewrite Using Your Own Words
The main thing is all about changing the main points using your own words. Remember to change your content structure to present your content in a different way. If you are short of time to write unique content, the writer's deal is to use a free paraphrasing tool for any content-related situation.
#4 Change the Content Structure
Once you have rephrased the content, the main thing you have to focus on is to change the content structure. It means your newly created content and sentence structure should be different from the original content.
#5 Ensure Quality
Finally, the last step is to ensure that the content you rephrased is quality. For that, check that your content flows smoothly with your text, readable, grammatical-free, and plagiarism-free.
Once done, check out the length of the rephrased content and include the source wherever you need to enhance your credibility.
Let’s check out the do’s and don’ts of paraphrasing!
|Do's of Paraphrasing||Don'ts of Paraphrasing|
|Change the structure of your sentence and content.||Keeping the same structure.|
|Keeping the same structure.||Overphrasing and distortion of meaning.|
|Use synonyms.||Don't use direct quotes.|
|Start your content with a unique tone.||Not checking grammatical and plagiarism errors.|
|Change the order of words.||Not changing the order of words.|
|Rely on multiple sources.||Relying on a single source.|
|Include citations.||Insufficient citation.|
Important Things You Have to Focus on While Paraphrasing
Change the Words in a Specific Sentence
Everyone's writing style is different. And sure, your writing style will be different from other writers. So, while paraphrasing, check out these points to bring out your writing style.
- Get a clear vision of the paragraph written in the original text, and ensure to rephrase it with the same meaning.
- Search for phrases or words that make the sentence more interesting to read.
Change the Structure of Your Content
Do you know what attracts readers to read the content? Of course, it's the structure of your content. Make sure to come up with a unique structure with inspiration from others.
- Go over the original content source and understand the key points that you have to list out.
- Check that you have defined all the important points in your rephrased content and that your structure should be entirely different.
Paraphrase Vs. Direct Quotes
Want to know where to paraphrase and where to use direct quotes? Get a clear grasp.
When You Should Paraphrase
- If you understand the key points.
- Explain jargon words or difficult concepts.
- When possible, paraphrase words or phrases that are more interesting than the original source.
- To state the information clearly that you agree with the points.
When You Should Use Direct Quotes
- If the original world is too strong.
- If the direct quote is difficult to paraphrase.
- When the exact words support your ideas.
- To present the facts clearly.
Bonus Tip: Try Out an Effective Paraphrasing Tool
The final tip that we suggest to simplify your writing is to use a paraphrasing tool. The one we highly recommend is the OnlineArticleRewriter tool. If you didn't have enough time to rephrase content, consider using the paraphrasing tool. Using it is a hassle-free way to complete your work on time without delay.
The Last Glance
Hopefully, that's all about what is paraphrasing in writing. Paraphrasing is not only changing a few words but also presenting your content more expressively to convey your message to your reader clearly. If you want to rephrase your content effectively, master the skills and successfully paraphrase your content in no time. We suggest you use OnlineArticleRewriter to craft your content smartly without errors.
Start to paraphrase your content in a perfect way and turn to trusted style guides!